To ensure the Training Kit’s success in promoting good PGIS practice, practitioners should adopt and use it broadly.
This Unit addresses basic notions of how to raise awareness on the use of the Training Kit within one’s own organisation and how to formulate a project proposal to obtain training support. It also provides guidance on what to do and which channels to tap to be up-to-date and network effectively with peers. Finally, it provides information about how to give feedback to the Training Kit’s designers and ensure that its future updates will be based on feedback from users and actual lessons learned.
Unit objectives / expected outcomes
After the completion of the Unit the trainee will be able to:
- list appropriate actions that underline the benefits of the Training Kit and encourage colleagues and supervisors to adopt it;
- obtain and utilise relevant information to formulate a proposal for organising a training workshop;
- identify and join online networks frequented by PGIS practitioners and researchers.
Content outline, main topics covered and suggested sequencing
This Unit focuses on the topics listed below:
- Methods of awareness raising
- Keeping up-to-date
- Submitting a proposal to obtain training support
- Contributing to the improvement of the Training Kit
Topics 1-3 (PPT No. 1) (25 min) followed by a Q&A session (20-25min) or as an alternative (PPT No. 1 including Q&A breaks) (45-50 min)
Components of the Unit
Handouts for Trainee (to be distributed in printed format):
Handouts for Trainee (to be distributed in digital format)
50 min – 1 hr