This Module aims to prepare users to function as trainers for PGIS training. Having a skill or specialised knowledge does not mean that a person can train others in that skill or impart knowledge. The Module introduces concepts and principles of training and steps to follow when preparing a training activity. It also provides tools for training needs assessment and for planning and structuring the training and focuses on training implementation and evaluation.
Module objectives / expected outcomes
After the completion of the Module the trainee will be able to explain basic principles of training, conduct a training needs assessment, prepare and structure a training event, implement a training event, and monitor and evaluate training.
Content outline and main topics covered
- Unit M03U01: Basics of Training (2 – 3 hrs)
- Unit M03U02: Training Needs Assessment (TNA) (2 hrs)
- Unit M03U03: Preparing and Structuring a Training Event (2 ¼ – 3 ¼ hrs)
- Unit M03U04: Implementing a Training Event (1 ¼ – 2 ¾ hrs)
- Unit M03U05: Training Evaluation (3 hrs)
10 ½ – 14 hrs, depending on whether all exercises are used